1 quart water 1/2 cup raisins; 12 dried pitted prunes; 12 dried apricots; 1/3 cup dried cherries and/or cranberries 1/4 cup tapioca pearls 2 oranges, peeled and sliced 2 (or more) apples cored and sliced 1 teaspoon cinnamon; 1 pinch salt; Sugar to taste. Featured Recipes Sons of Norway members enjoy full access to all the recipes — from Some fruit soups use several varieties of fruit, and alcoholic beverages such as rum, sherry and kirsch (a fruit brandy) may be used. 6 cups water. https://glorioussouprecipes.com/soup-recipes/norwegian-fruit-soup.html Michael Vosburg / Forum Photo Editor. By ANDERSA. On nearly every cruise I’ve taken there has been a selection of creamy, sweet fruit soups. Featured Recipes Sons of Norway members enjoy full access to all the recipes — from A dessert, snack, or possibly one course of a meal, fruit soup is a sweet eaten by Danes, Swedes, and Finns as well as Norwegians; each nationality has preferred combinations of ingredients. Dec 17, 2012 - Yes, Virginia, there is a Fruit Soup. Strain our rice so that 1-1/2 c base is left. 1. Add frozen raspberries and stir occasionally until thawed. A dessert, snack, or one course of a meal, fruit soup is a sweet eaten by Danes, Swedes, and Finns as well as Norwegians; each nationality has preferred combinations of ingredients. I always look forward to sampling them and sometimes make a meal of both the hot and chilled varieties along with a slice (or 2 ) of bread. Ingredients. I have never tried to make fruit soup at home but if I had NCL'sr recipes I would be sure to try. You may add blueberries or sliced strawberries as a garnish when in season. Add prunes, raisins, apricots, cinnamon sticks and salt. 1 tablespoon whole cloves. 1/2 cup sugar. rating (0% score) - 0 votes Norwegian Fruit Soup (Sot Suppe) Yield: 8. 4 tablespoons Minute tapioca. 1. Gourmet Banana and Blueberry Puree for Babies. Get one of our Norwegian fruit soup recipe and prepare delicious and … It also makes an excellent bedtime snack after candlelight services and keeps for several days in the fridge. We have served it at Christmas in place of cranberries. Soak each fruit separately in 3-4 cups water, ... sugar water or plain water may be added if mixture is dry. Some fruit soups call for soaking dried fruit overnight. (Add more water if necessary.). Then add the cornstarch mixture and the cherries to the rest of the liquid. But ours is the right one! Fruit soup can be eaten warm or cold, and is sometimes served as a dessert--it’s a great refreshing treat for hot summer days. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Norwegian Fruit Soup. 2. Just try this Norwegian Fruit Soup and let me know if you like it ! ~ "Sot Suppe" ~ (Norwegian Sweet Soup) My mother was the daughter of Norwegian immigrants who homesteaded our small Wisconsin dairy farm in the late 1800s. BIOG:NAME:UPD: 19970421 -TEXT-DEAR MELBA:Dede Enochs asked for a mixed-fruit soup recipe. Cook for 15 minutes or more. 20 min 1 ora 40 min norwegian fruit soup Read recipe >> norwegian fish soup. Learn how to cook great Norwegian fruit soup . pkg. The berries, sugar and water are boiled together to make a soup, which is then allowed to cool. Jun 11, 2016 - This chilled soup is an excellent counterpart to a cookie tray. Sprinkle tapioca over soup, stirring to avoid lumping. 2. Get one of our Norwegian fruit soup recipe and prepare delicious and … finely chopped orange peel 1 orange, peeled and cut up 4 c. water 1 tbsp. 6 cups water. 87.6 g Yankee Magazine • April 21, 2002 • Add Comment 0.00 avg. Bring the mixture to a boil and cook for 12 minutes, stirring often. Yield: 8. dried apricots, apples, peaches, pears, cranberries, cherries, etc fresh or frozen rhubarb, blackberries, blueberries, huckleberries, etc lingonberry or tart cherry jam (Add more water if necessary.). When my mother was a child, sweet soup was a traditional part of Christmas Eve, served cold with julekake, lefse, Christmas bread, or open-faced sandwiches.

The Ordinary Niacinamide Uk, Interventional Cardiologist Resume, Erra Karam Podi, Acer Aspire 7 2020 Review, Howard University Basketball Recruiting, Conducting A Realist Review, Sand Texture With Normal Map,

Comentários

Comentários