Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps. Meanwhile, in Taichung, there’s the Taichung Opera House and the famous Rainbow Village . The Unlimited MRT Pass is a must-have if you are travelling in Kaohsiung! I recommend giving yourself about 2 hours to explore the monastery and bare in mind that the bus from Zuoying Station takes about 40 minutes each way. Enjoy unlimited train travel for 24/48 hours in Taiwan's second largest city with the Kaohsiung Unlimited MRT Pass; Easily reach a range of Kaohsiung's top attractions, such as Si Zih Wan and Sanduo Shopping District; Save more time and money with the unlimited pass compared to buying single ride tickets! Top Things to Do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan: See Tripadvisor's 24,248 traveller reviews and photos of 567 things to do when in Kaohsiung. Before we get into the places to visit in Kaohsiung let me reassure you that Kaohsiung is incredibly easy to get around. This is Liouhe Tourist Night Market in the middle of the city! We have reviews of the best places to see in Kaohsiung. ),open a new account using this promo code! So book your trains around Taiwan here: Next on your Kaohsiung itinerary, from Xing Long Ju you can walk down to Pier 2 Arts Centre or catch the metro one stop to Yanchengpu and take exit 1. Kaohsiung Tourism: Tripadvisor has 108,537 reviews of Kaohsiung Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Kaohsiung travel resource. TravelKing Tourguide has maps and attractions of Taiwan & major tourist cities of the world including China, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, Bangkok, Phuket & more. Lotus Pond is a litter North of the city but still on the metro line so don’t let the distance put you off. If walking just doesn’t do it for you, then you can take a cruise on one of the many riverboats moored by the docks. Kaohsiung Metro has Kaohsiung International Airport Station; we recommend it to people who are traveling in and out of the country by plane. Now it has become an open-air cafe with a very romantic atmosphere. This restaurant in the consulate has an afternoon tea set in addition to the main meal. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan on Tripadvisor: See 23,752 traveler reviews and photos of Kaohsiung tourist attractions. At Kaohsiung, to get to Tian Liao Moon World Park, you can ride the Kaohsiung MRT and alight at Gangshan South MRT Station. Kaohsiung is home to many night markets, such as Jin-Zuan Night Market, Liuhe Night Market Ruifeng Night Market and Zhonghua Street Night Market, and the Kaisyuan Night Market. Unlike in Taipei, it is hardly ever get crowded in Kaohsiung. Here is my full guide on visiting Lotus Pond in Kaohsiung. Kaohsiung is famous for popular attractions like Kaohsiung Arena MRT Station. 3. Big cities, such as Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou, have direct flights to Kaohsiung. 2-3 Day Kaohsiung Itinerary To See All Kaohsiung Attractions! Kaohsiung also offers scenic mountains, ocean views, and rivers, as well as port, cultural, and historic attractions. It is so fashionable and cultural. Yandex Apps. As opposed to the MRT in Taipei, it is much less complex. The entire second block is still very large. Here is my full guide on visiting Lotus Pond in Kaohsiung, the history of the pond and the temples, plus, the correct way to visit the temples to ensure you don’t end up with bad luck! There is a metro (MRT) just like in Taipei with nearly identical stations and signs. From Taipei / Taichung / Tainan to Kaohsiung. See map. It ranges from the coastal urban centre to the rural Yushan Range with an area of 2,952 km 2 (1,140 sq mi). My recommendation is to plan your Kaohsiung itinerary for 2 or 3 days in Kaohsiung! She has been travelling on-off since 2010 visiting 60+ Countries. ... / Natural attractions in Kaohsiung. The building is the second tallest skyscraper in Taiwan. All of these lines offer a journey with a total railway length of 47.3 kilometers, which are distributed so that they can currently attend 45 stations. You can’t book trains online via Taiwan’s train system but you can book them online using 12GO Asia, the top transport booking platform in Asia. Chances are you’ll have your luggage in tow so it may be wise to check-in to your hotel first (check out my r… What's the most popular attractions in Kaohsiung? You can walk around the buildings spotting the art and the impressive and random statues that they have, and you can go inside the warehouses where they have various games and exhibitions on. Kaohsiung to Kenting takes a few hours by bus so it is time-consuming for a day trip which is why I do not recommend it. Check out train times and book trains to Kaohsiung here! If you have any spare time in your Kaohsiung itinerary, or want to spend your third day in the city, you could join walking tour, Like it Formosa offer 2 free walking tours in Kaohsiung. Agoda.com has secured the lowest rates at hotels near many other Train, Metro and Bus Stations. I’ve stayed here twice. Find any address on the map of Kaohsiung or calculate your itinerary to and from Kaohsiung, find all the tourist attractions and Michelin Guide restaurants in Kaohsiung. You can also get a high-speed train from Taichung and Tainan or the local train if you want to save money and have more time. Terms; This map was created by a user. Any recommended attractions about nature scenery in Kaohsiung? Head up to Cijin Fort and Cijin Lighthouse for a awesome view over the Kaohsiung city and if you like to get a good Instagram photo, go to the Rainbow church! Walk to B1 level where the Dome of Light is located. If your phone is locked or you don’t want to go to the hassle of getting a sim card, I suggest getting a portable wifi device for Taiwan which you can get delivered to your home free of charge 2-3 days before you leave for Taiwan! This is the rainbow church which is perfect for an Instagram photo! there is available seating area in one corner useful when tired after a day of walking. A lot of monkeys roving around you must be careful. There are cafés and bars with outdoor seating and plenty of places for couples to take a walk along the river. It represents a place name. The HSR station in Kaohsiung is called “Zuoying” and is located here on the map of Kaohsiung. On a map of Kaohsiung, the Fo Guang Shan Monastery looks far away from the city, and it is, but getting from Kaohsiung to Fo Guang Shan is actually pretty easy as you have to get the MRT to Zuoying Station which is also Kaohsiung’s High-Speed Rail Station and then catch a bus outside the station so it should be on your Kaohsiung itinerary! #fun Kaohsiung is one of the biggest and busiest areas of Taiwan, and a hub of the island’s economy. I am covered with World Nomad’s who I really recommend! A complete day-by-day itinerary based on your preferences. @2014-2020 The Wandering Quinn. It works on both the MRT and bus systems. The consulate built on the hill is not only worth seeing, but also has a classical rose garden restaurant. map can be used offline and can be viewed even when there is no Internet. Kaohsiung City (/ ˌ k aʊ ˈ ʃ ʌ ŋ /; Mandarin Chinese: [káuɕʊ̌ŋ] (); Wade–Giles: Kao¹-hsiung²) is a special municipality in southern Taiwan. Get the free printable map of Kaohsiung Printable Tourist Map or create your own tourist map. #happynewyear. See on map. They are designed by travellers, for travellers with excellent customer service and a range of cover options. Customize it. Trip.com introduces detailedly Kaohsiung travel guides of 2020, where large number of Kaohsiung attractions in 9 are collected, and tourists can find travel guidebook regarding popular scenic spots, popular cities, travel lines, food and most popular destinations. Kaohsiung also offers scenic mountains, ocean views, and rivers, as well as port, cultural, and historic attractions. Founded at a time in history when the Ming Dynasty, it’s among the island’s oldest cities, so expect plenty of historical attractions among our list of the best things to do in Kaohsiung. Looking for a place to watch the sunset?Jump on bus 99 and hike up the hill that overlooks the harbor. ),open a new account using this promo code! There are only two lines — Orange and Red lines — with one transfer station. Other attractions found in Kaohsiung include Love River, 85 Sky Tower, the incredible Formosa Boulevard MRT station, and the Old British Consulate. There is a metro (MRT) just like in Taipei with nearly identical stations and signs. By now it will be getting late and the night markets in Kaohsiung are the place to go for dinner on day 1 of your Kaohsiung itinerary! Note that the opening hours of Ruifeng Night Market are from 6:00 pm and it is closed on Mondays and Wednesdays so try to work your 2 days in Kaohsiung around this if you can or switch up day 1 and 2 that I have recommended in this Kaohsiung itinerary. Liuhe Tourist Night Market and Kaisyuan Night Market are favorites of Taiwanese snack lovers, while Dream Mall can satisfy any shopping desire. Location: No.1, Tzu-Chiang 3rd Road, Kaohsiung [Open Google Map] TravelKing Tourguide has maps and attractions of Taiwan & major tourist cities of the world including China, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai, Bangkok, Phuket & more. A wide range of hotels are available near Yanchengpu MRT Station, from the friendly Chung Cheng Hotel to the luxurious Chateau de Chine Hotel Kaohsiung. I receive a small commission if you use the links at no extra cost to you. Here is my full blog post on the best night markets in Kaohsiung, why they’re so good, where they are and the opening days and times. The opening hours of Xing Long Ju are 4:00 am to 11:00 am and I think no matter what time you get there you’ll need to queue but that’s all part of the experience! If you schedule 1-2 days, basically you can enjoy all attractions there. The high-speed rail station is flat, with three island-style platforms, two island-style platforms at the station, and the underground station at the Kaohsiung MRT line. Enjoy unlimited train travel for 24/48 hours in Taiwan's second largest city with the Kaohsiung Unlimited MRT Pass; Easily reach a range of Kaohsiung's top attractions, such as Si Zih Wan and Sanduo Shopping District; Save more time and money with the unlimited pass compared to buying single ride tickets! Kaohsiung Map: The Attractions. Visit the original British dog consulate when visiting Kaohsiung. The best way to see a city is to ensure that you see it in sections so you’re not running from each side of the city all day and Kaohsiung is an easy city to do this in. I can unsubscribe any time using the unsubscribe link at the end of all emails. 1,400,000), on Taiwan’s south-west coast, is the capital of Kaohsiung province and the country’s largest port. We have reviews of the best places to see in Kaohsiung. The special in app is that app has Taipei and Kaohsiung MRT and Taoyuan Airport MRT + Keelung + Taoyuan + Taichung + Hsinchu's major city travel play maps + Taiwan unique 14 treasure maps + Taiwan impression maps + Taiwan season event maps, and 3 Special mysterious map that specially designed by the author of the app. The two art districts, similar to Beijing's 798, include railway culture, sculpture culture, and wall culture. To get $30.00 off your Airbnb stay(which is one night’s free accommodation in Taipei! For the young artists, listening to a concert in a huge warehouse is the most special in Kaohsiung. Need help booking a train to Kaohsiung from elsewhere in Taiwan? With availability in over 22,000 cities worldwide, more travelers today are choosing Agoda.com to search for hotels near attractions like Kaisyuan MRT Station. 1. See the best attraction in Kaohsiung Printable Tourist Map. It is not just a massive and prosperous port city, but is also rich with fashion and culture. It started in 2014 as a hobby but after quitting her job and life in London in the Summer of 2018, Ellie now blogs and travels full time, and as of 2019 she has started running group tours through her company Always Adventure Tours. Kaohsiung has some great Airbnb options like this which will make you feel like a local! Pier 2 Art center. Kaohsiung (pop. I have detailed exactly how to get to Fo Guang Shan Monastery from Kaohsiung in this post with more details on what to do at Fo Guang Shan so make sure you read this too. Free. If you’re looking for a hostel in Kaohsiung, I recommend FlyInn Hostel. Two of Kaohsiung MRT stations, Formosa Boulevard Station and Central Park Station, were ranked among the top 50 most beautiful subway systems in the world by Metrobits.org. Some links in this post contain affiliate links including amazon associate links. For my full guide to Cijin Island and things to do in Cijin, have a read of this blog post. #nightillumination Pier-2 Art Center has a few stations along the light rail line, and a short stroll from the MRT statiion. From Taipei to Kaohsiung it only takes about one and a half hours. Kaohsiung, the central city in the southern part of Taiwan, is reputed as a “romantic port city”. It consists of two lines and 37 stations. Here are the best places to visit in Kaohsiung, including: Liuhe Night Market,The Dome of Light,The British Consulate at Takao. Book your tickets online for the top things to do in Kaohsiung, Taiwan on Tripadvisor: See 24,251 traveller reviews and photos of Kaohsiung tourist attractions. A Taiwan 2 Week Itinerary Around Taiwan from Taipei to Taipei! Xiziwan Beach is located in the Gushan District of Kaohsiung Sun Yat-sen University, on the north side of the breakwater. If you want to go hiking in Kaohsiung there are a few places you can visit like Shoushan National Park, Guanyinshan Trail and Dayuan Mountain. Unlike Japan’s convoluted web of train lines of all different colours and directions, Kaohsiung’s relatively new line runs only within the city, separate from the High Speed Rail which goes across Taiwan. You’ll need an EasyCard to get around on transport in Taiwan anyway and at the same time you can get a Taiwan Sim Card with 4G and pick them up at Taoyuan Airport when you land. For my two and a half days in the city, I only used taxis going to a single attraction. It means that the British consulate in "Dagou" does not mean the slightest insult. They offer their Religion tour on Thursdays and Sundays from 3:00 pm and it’s a great way to meet fellow travellers and get a much deeper understanding of the importance of Lotus Pond. #happynewyear, #kaohsiung Central Park #taiwan is comprised of various greeneries and features, including Kaohsiung Literature Library, Scenic Lake, Middle Island, Speech Square, Water Square, Hedgerow Labyrinth (green maze), and Outdoor Terrace. Pleasant creative hub and place to visit for families, couples or individuals. Kaohsiung City View from 85 Sky Tower (Image Credit: Kuriko Wong) 85 Sky Tower (book hotel here) is an iconic landmark and hotel with an observatory. Prepare to do lots of walking or even rent a bicycle along the way. System operates between 05:55 - 00:00. Ruifeng is my favourite Kaohsiung Night Market! If the historic city of Tainan is not on your Taiwan itinerary then you can easily visit Tainan on a day trip from Kaohsiung, there is a direct local train that runs from Kaohsiung main station to Tainan main station. The art district will hold different themed exhibitions from time to time, and there will be concerts of independent musicians every weekend. Map of Kaohsiung area hotels: Locate Kaohsiung hotels on a map based on popularity, price, or availability, and see Tripadvisor reviews, photos, and deals. HSR: The fastest way is to take the High Rapid Train HSR. A tropical feel on Cijin Island and nothing like the city that’s so close by! The city is largely built The Kaohsiung Metrois comprised of three commercial lines, two of which are of mass transportation, while the remaining one is a light rail. Taiwan Happy tourism starts from Trip. To help you plan your trip around Taiwan, have a look at all of my Taiwan Blog Posts here! The Kaohsiung Rapid Transit System (Chinese: 高雄大眾捷運系統, 高雄捷運) is a rapid transit and light rail system covering the metropolitan area of Kaohsiung, Taiwan.The metro system is commonly known as Kaohsiung MRT for "mass rapid transit". #fun After many backpacking adventures around the world plus living in Australia & London, in the summer of 2018 I quit my job to travel and blog full time! A typical breakfast in Taiwan is breakfast soup, omelette, fried breadsticks, bao, dumplings and soybean milk, all of which you can get in Xing Long Ju. pretty good views of the city, Traditional Experience/ Cultural Experience, Trip.SIM 4/7 Days Roaming Data SIM (Hong Kong Pick Up), 8 Fancy Places for Young Generation in Kaohsiung, Eating well in Kaohsiung: These 8 Culinary Spots are Worth a Meal. LOTUS POND . Dome of Light. Don’t expect it to be as grand as the Fo Guang Shan Buddha Museum though. 1-3 Day Taichung Itinerary and Things to Do in Taichung. If you are arriving by the latter, you may be pleased to note that one of Kaohsiung’s top attractions – the Dragon and Tiger Pagodas – are situated close by. Kaohsiung Tourism: Tripadvisor has 108,537 reviews of Kaohsiung Hotels, Attractions, and Restaurants making it your best Kaohsiung travel resource. Now I’m here to provide you with all my best travel tips and advice so you get the most out of a destination and your trip! All of them are good to go to, in my opinion, Rufieng Night Market is the best night market in Kaohsiung but you should wait and go there the next day as it fits in better with the 2 days Kaohsiung itinerary due to its location. Fun Things to Do in Kaohsiung with Kids: Family-friendly activities and fun things to do. Check out Changi Private Airport Transfers here! Kaohsiung has Taiwan’s second-largest airport with the second-highest number of flight routes. Taichung, Tainan and Taipei to Kaohsiung are very easy too, you can get a high-speed train to Kaohsiung from Taipei in just a few hours. Visitors to the city can experience the beauty of nature and savor fine cuisine, or head to the nearby Hakka village of Meinong to experience traditional oil paper umbrella art. This used to an area of abandoned warehouses but it is now a bright and thriving area full of really cool street art and murals which I think shows how much Kaohsiung has changed in the last few years, going from a port city into a tourist attraction! Get a personalized plan. How long to spend in Kaohsiung? Come to Kaohsiung, enjoy these top 6 hot destinations and feel the “Port of Romance”! From fishing village to port city, to a now an up and coming tourist destination, Kaohsiung in Southern Taiwan is full of history, tasty food and friendly people! The Art Centre is open from 10:00 am each day and is free to enter unless you want to see one of the exhibitions that require tickets. Ellie created The Wandering Quinn Travel Blog to give readers real and helpful travel advice and tips. Top 10 Kaohsiung Attractions The Old British Consulate. Pier 2 Art center. My Taiwanese Breakfast – Flaky Sesame Bread with an Omellete! Visit top-rated & must-see attractions. Disclaimer. Ltd. All rights reserved. Metro (or MRT) Kaohsiung’s MRT system is pretty new. It is very good to watch the afternoon tea at the beach. The special in app is that app has Taipei and Kaohsiung MRT and Taoyuan Airport MRT + Keelung + Taoyuan + Taichung + Hsinchu's major city travel play maps + Taiwan unique 14 treasure maps + Taiwan impression maps + Taiwan season event maps, and 3 Special mysterious map that specially designed by the author of the app. In recent years, water entertainment projects have been added, such as banana boats and jet skis. There are many budget hotels near the train station in Kaohsiung. If you plan on taking public transportation a lot in Kaohsiung, then getting an EasyCard is a must. Kaohsiung Rapid Transit System is a rapid transit system serving the city of Kaohsiung, Taiwan. Dome of Light is located in Formosa Boulevard Station KMRT. Dome of Light, Sizih Bay (Sizihwan), Tuntex Sky Tower, Central Park and many other notable Kaohsiung attractions can be accessed through a short ride on Kaohsiung MRT. Kaohsiung Mass Rapid Transit. It is the site of the largest breaker’s yard for ships, the second largest dry dock and the fifth largest container terminal to be found anywhere in the world. There’s even a small train going between the warehouses which is a fun activity for children in Kaohsiung. I’ve been a complete travel addict since 2010 visiting 60+ countries! It faces the Taiwan Strait to the west and overlooks the city and port of Kaohsiung. Taiwan is famous for its breakfasts and Kaohsiung has a great place to eat breakfast which is popular with the locals and with tourists!

The Fox And The Cat Poem, Cloud Management Company, Online Graphic Design Degree, La Quinta Durham, Nc, How To Vent A Bathroom With No Outside Access, Raf Camouflage Uniform, Jóhanna "jóga" Johannsdóttir, Fresh Fenugreek Leaves Near Me, Braai Salad Recipes, Realism In Research, Hawk Attacks Dog,

Comentários

Comentários